Friday, September 28, 2012

Educational Prison

Today was my first day of school after Mom’s condition got worse. I’ve never liked school, and it’s only gotten worse since I entered high school. After my mom’s reaction, I never came out at school. I knew that pretty much everyone there would have either refused me like my mom did or taunt me. So, there wasn’t much point in it in the end. It makes me wonder how long I’m going to hide like this.

Now, I would take the jeers over the looks my classmates give me: pity, empathy, fear. I was never very social before, but now people seem to avoid me as if death were catching. Those that don’t avoid me altogether give their generic condolences and scurry off. Some people attempt to say something uplifting.


I can’t blame them for trying, but it’s hard to be comforted by strangers. I just want everyone to forget about me and go back to their usual lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment