Thursday, September 27, 2012

Geoffrey Mark Pond

My dad has always been the more distant parent. It’s not really any fault of his. He’s just the sort of guy that doesn’t know how to talk to kids. Mom was always the one that did all the talking anyway.
 
I don’t really know anything about what his life was like before he met my mom. I’ve never met my grandparents on his side, or any of his side of the family, really. I think I remember my mom mentioning that none of his family came to their wedding either, just a few of his friends.
 
It makes me wonder what he was like. I wonder what could have happened to him to make him the man he is today. Mom must have had a huge influence on him, though. He adored her more than anything else.
 
He’s been taking her death really hard. I don’t think he’s even called his office yet, and he barely talks to anyone. He just shuffles around and stares off into space. A lot of times he looks over his shoulder as if he’s expecting to find someone there… as if he’s afraid of something.
 
I don’t believe in ghosts, but he seems haunted by something. Whether it’s his past or his wife, I don’t know. It makes me worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment