Saturday, September 29, 2012

Escapism


I like survival horror video games. When I’m fed up with the world and I want to be alone, I close my blinds, turn out the lights, and play a game. I’m really bad at them, though. I’ve only actually completed a few. I’m also really cheap, so I tend to just get a bunch of free indie games.

They give me a chance to pretend to be someone else. Instead of nerdy little outcast Archimedes, I get to be someone that’s actually capable of doing things; someone with problems bigger than mine.

I’ve been looking around for new games recently. I need to get away a lot more these days. SCP: Containment Breach is freaking terrifying. I can’t even turn out the lights when playing it, and even then I end up dying before I can even orient myself. I don’t know why, but that makes it even more fun to play. I’ve been hearing a lot about that game Slender, but it seems kind of silly to me. The slenderman guy doesn’t seem scary to me at all.

I still might try it out. I’m always open to new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment