Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Nightmare


I was wandering through these white hallways, a lot like a hospital’s but emptier and without any doors. After what seemed like hours of just walking on and on and on, I finally found a door.

Inside my dad was biting his fingertips and writing on the walls with smears of his own blood. Both of his ankles were chained to a ring in the center of the floor. I immediately went up to him and tried to free him. I didn’t know why, but I knew that I had to let him out somehow. Dad didn’t respond to anything I said to him, he just kept whimpering as his bloodied hands beat out insane messages on the wall.

His shackles burned when I touched them, but I kept clawing at them anyway. The more I tried to open them, the greater my feeling of dread became until I was sobbing with panic as I fumbled with the chains that were killing my dad.

And then he appeared. The slenderman stood by my dad. He was taller than the room, but he whispered in my dad’s ear without bending over. My dad stopped whimpering and writing. He stood there like stone, mesmerized by the music being whispered in his ear. He was going to die, I knew it. So I yelled at the slenderman. I yelled at him to take me instead. The slenderman stopped whispering to my dad and turned to me. The shackles around my dad’s ankles fizzled away as the slenderman wrapped his limbs around my wrists. They were so cold they burned, and the cold seeped into my skin and up my arms and through my entire being.

My dad collapsed, and watched, screaming, as I turned into ice.

I don’t know why I had that dream. I guess it’s a mix of my dad’s reaction to my Slender research and frayed nerves. It’s kinda silly, but despite what I said before, I’m starting to see the slenderman’s potential for scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment