Monday, October 15, 2012

Not It

I thought he was coming after me. He was supposed to be coming after me. When I saw him standing outside that night... I thought he was looking at me.

I mean, it made sense to me. I was the one that realized what my dad was obsessing over. I was the one that knew about him. He's supposed to be attracted to people that know about him, right?

And let's be honest, I'm the one that deserves to die, here. I'm the freak.

I guess it's hard to tell where a monster's looking when it doesn't have a face, though.

I saw him again. Well, I've seen him a lot since I made that last post. More evidence that he was after me, I thought. Unfortunately, I was wrong. It's not me he's been watching. It's not my window he's been standing at all night.

It's my grandmother's.

She's the only family I've really got left. All those aunts and uncles and cousins that give me sideways glances and whisper about me behind their hands aren't my family. My grandma's the only shoulder I've got left to cry on. I'm not going to lose her.

No comments:

Post a Comment