Saturday, October 6, 2012

Trouble Trouble All Around


Grandma is thinking about moving. We’ve still got to pay off a lot of Mom’s medical bills. Her life insurance helped a bunch, but cancer is an expensive thing to fight. Now that dad’s in the hospital and not working any time in the foreseeable future, things are only going to get worse from here on out.

I don’t want to go back into that room, but we have to clean it up if we even want to think about selling the house. I couldn’t ask my grandma to do that all on her own, so it’s up to me. It’s also starting to look like I’ll have to pick up a part-time job to ease the burden a bit. In all honesty, I don’t mind that as much as cleaning up dad’s room.

But to actually get a job and keep it, I’ll probably have to do some more hiding and avoiding who I am.

I wonder who that is, exactly. Am I really Archimedes, or am I someone else constructed by the eyes of others?

No comments:

Post a Comment